Bedroom cleaning is not the most fun task. Besides, you might be wondering who will into your bedroom. However, having a clean bedroom will give you much-needed peace of mind. If you do not enjoy bedroom cleaning or want to do a great job, this post is just for you. House Cleaning Perth shares the checklist for bedroom cleaning. You will be surprised to learn how quickly your room will get cleaned once you follow the checklist mentioned below.
- Perform the Daily Cleaning Tasks
Before you can dive into thorough bedroom cleaning, the first thing that you need to do is perform the daily cleaning tasks. Do the basic cleaning that you are likely to do daily. However, there is no need to bother making your bed. Once you have performed the daily cleaning tasks, you can move on to the next step.
- Gather Items That Do Not Belong in the Bedroom
Next, you need to proceed with gathering the items that do not belong in your bedroom. Put these items in a box and set the box outside so that you can place these items where they belong once you are done with cleaning your bedroom. Look around for decorations and other items that you do not need to use and place them in a second box for donation or gift those items. Finally, all you have to do is pick up all of the trash. It includes items under the dresser, nightstand, and bed. Put these items in the trash bin for discarding later.
- Remove the Linens for Laundry
Now, you should remove the curtains or drapes. Chances are that they would have collected a lot of dust over the past few months. Make sure to strip out all the linens from your bed including your pillows. However, do not remove the mattress cover. If the linens are washable, take them to the laundry room or get them dry-cleaned.
- Do the Dusting
After you have done the above, you need to proceed with dusting. It is vital that you work from the top and move towards the bottom. It will help ensure that you do not scatter the dust as it would make it more difficult to do the cleaning. The following steps should be followed for the best dusting.
- Start by dusting the ceiling fan with a duster. Make sure to use one that has a long handle to easily reach the ceiling. If you do not have such a duster, you can simply slide a damp pillowcase around the blades. It will allow the debris to fall.
- Next, you should remove all the pictures from the walls and leave them on your bed.
- You should also dust the door, the ceiling, the walls, the baseboards, the corners, the window moldings, and around the windows.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth for wiping the picture frames. Apply some glass cleaner onto the cloth and wipe the picture frames.
- Now, you should clean the windows and any other glass surfaces in your bedroom.
- Finally, proceed with dusting all the decorations in the room.
- Treat the Wooden Furniture
As the wooden furniture can collect dirt over time, it needs to be cleaned. The best way to remove sticky build-up from wooden furniture is by treating it. It will help ensure that all the scratches are also covered.
- Clean the Mattress
Do not forget to clean your mattress. Remove stains from the mattress to ensure that it looks brand new. You can use an upholstery attachment to help with the vacuuming. Start by vacuuming the mattress from the top and move to the sides. You should also flip the mattress to clean the backside.
- Vacuum the Floor
Now that you have done all the dusting, you have to vacuum the floor as it will be very dirty. You need to move the furniture as well to vacuum underneath it. Make sure to utilize the floor attachment for getting under the bed. To vacuum the walls and remove dust building, make use of the crevice attachment.
- Take out the Trash
As the trash bin would be filled with garbage, you should empty it. After you have done that, proceed with washing it from the outside and inside. It will help ensure that the trash bin is in excellent condition and will help eliminate bad odor. When you wash the trash can from inside, use hot water and some white vinegar to refresh it. Once you have washed it, leave it to dry before using it.
Following the checklist for bedroom cleaning as mentioned above will make your life a whole lot easier. It is vital that you consider the checklist for a straightforward clean.